CEOI 10th EO Technology Call
- New and innovative ideas for EO technology development
- Achieving higher TRL through airborne demonstration
- Development of EO CubeSat flight model payloads aimed at potential commercial services
The CEOI CubeSat payload theme is linked to the In Orbit Demonstration programme recently announced by the Satellite Applications Catapult, with funding from Innovate UK. The intention is that, subject to final agreement by UK Space Agency and the Catapult, projects funded under this CEOI Call theme can develop payloads to the point where they will be eligible for a flight opportunity as a CubeSat in-orbit demonstration.
The primary selection criteria in all themes will be:
- Strategic importance including business/exploitation plan;
- Technological excellence;
- Project management; and
- Value for money.
This Call is open to UK HEIs, other research organisations and industry. Collaborative proposals involving industrial and other partners of all types are strongly encouraged and there is no restriction on which type of organisation can lead. We would particularly like to encourage teams that include partners new to space. We have been contacted by a number of organisations who would be interested in joining a bidding team, including the Environment Agency, Home Office Centre for Applied Science & Technology (CAST), Beck Optronic Solutions and Environment Systems. Please contact Mick Johnson if you would like to be put in touch with any of these organisations to investigate common interests or possible joint bids.
Bidders should provide CEOI-ST with notification of their intention to bid into this call by 12.00 noon on 2nd February 2017, as described in the Announcement of Opportunity (AofO) document. This information will be held in strict confidence. It will assist in the efficient evaluation of bids and ensure that bidders can receive any related information during the bid period.
Full details of the Open Call are contained in the 'Announcement of Opportunity' document, which is available here, together with the other bid documents:
- Announcement of Opportunity
- Notification of Intention to Bid Form
- Finance Form
- Draft contract
- RD6 IOD Programme Summary Requirements
- Potential Industrial Partners
- Model Teaming Agreement - Added 23rd February 2017
- Clarifications 1 and 2 - Added 19th February 2017
- Application Form (Word document) - Added 23rd February 2017
The Call is issued on behalf of the UK Space Agency by the CEOI Partners, who will also manage the selected projects on behalf of the Agency.
The CEOI expects to issue another call later in 2017 focussed on strategic themes.
For further information on any aspect of the 10th CEOI Call, please contact Chris Brownsword, CEOI Technical Director.