CEOI Technology Strategy Workshop, July 2013
This round-table workshop was held in central London on Wednesday 10th July 2013 at Regents College. Its input was the technology roadmaps and the indicative missions discussed at a recent CEOI Future Missions Challenge Workshop. The workshop considered how CEOI projects can move to exploitation, and the options and priorities for investment of the £2-3m funding likely to be available to the CEOI programme over the next 2-3 years.
10.00 Introduction and Purpose (Mick Johnson, CEOI Director)
10.15 Presentation of UKSA EO Strategy (UK Space Agency)
10.30 CEOI Indicative Missions - Workshop Session (Paul Monks, CEOI/University of Leicester)
- Are there any missions with strong UK interest missing from the list?
- Assess pros/cons of different mission types?
- What criteria could be used to match missions to opportunities?
11.30 Tea/coffee break
11.45 Update on NSTSG Technology roadmapping (Mick Johnson, CEOI)
12.00 CEOI Technology Roadmaps - Workshop Session (Chris Brownsword, CEOI)
- Mapping of technologies to indicative missions
- Identification of Capabilities
- Review of Roadmaps
14.00 CEOI Technology Strategy - Workshop Session (Mick Johnson, CEOI)
- Have we been making sufficient progress in last ~5 years?
- Does the UK need to focus its efforts? How do we decide which technologies to support?
- How can we improve probability of technologies being exploited?
15.30 Tea/coffee break
16.00 Final Plenary Session (Rob Scott, CEOI/RAL Space)