This section describes studies carried out for potential future EO missions.
Five missions were considered by UK Space Agency in early 2019 as potential Earth Watch missions. The CEOI funded studies had the objective to provide inputs into a UK Space Agency business case to secure funding for a potential future EarthWatch mission. Summary reports from the five mission studies are available on this page.
The UK Space Agency and its EO Advisory Committee are carrying out a UK Earth Observation Missions Capability Review. The UK Space Agency is seeking to compile a catalogue of EO mission and instrument concepts, to allow opportunistic or strategic support for missions. The scope of this current activity is to build a list of potential EO missions or instruments that are near flight-ready. The end users could be commercial, public policy or academic.
For further information and the report from the UK Earth Observation Missions Capability Review 2018, please click here
Previous mission studies carried out as CEOI projects include:
- TRUTHS Mission
- Mission preparation and technology development of the Tropical Carbon Mission
- Developing a successful Ocean Surface Current Mission (OSCM) proposal for ESA Earth Explorer 9
- WIVERN: An EE9 project to observe Global Winds
- LOCUS Preparatory Activities for EE9
- Air Quality Monitoring from High Altitude Platforms